Wi-Vi is one among the foremost modern technologies that modifies the Wi-Fi technology to form the concept of wireless vision possible.
The main idea behind this Wi-Vi is tracking and manipulation of reflected Wi-Fi Signal. There-fore it is also called as adaption of SONAR or RADAR.
In earlier technologies to map over the obstacles we need an array of special antennas, but it is more and more expensive. Here Wi-Vi uses simpler devices to receive signals.
Similar to SONAR and RADAR it uses “DOPPLER EFFECT”
Two antennas transmit identical signals where the second antenna signal is that the inverse if the primary. This causes interference for imaging. Wi-Vi relies on an easy 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi hardware radio. Simply this can be decoded on handheld devices
During the motion of the target, the space of it changes with reference toreceiver. It changes the time that reflected signal takes to urge back to receiver.
For example, here all the signals from other obstacles are cancelled out and therefore the only target is moving human.
Due to the obstructions and intermediate object it’s essential to get more sharper output rays.
The major challenges are,
- Track human movements
- Flash Effect
- Operates in same bandwidth as same as Wi-Fi.
- Without accessing any devices the wall imaging can be done on the other side of wall.
- 12.5 cm of Signal wavelengths are only used.
- Only Low-resolution displays are possible.
- Detection of human is merely possible for walls below 8-inch thickness.
- Short range of communication is only
- Can be implemented in hand-held devices like smart phones.
- It can be used in monitoring purposes.
- With this virtual gaming is also possible.
Wi-Vi or wireless vision technology is one of the simplest evolutions of communication. It can be afforded simply and cheaply. There-fore most ways, it makes a sense that Wi-Vi technology is one further step in the fields of electronics and has a wide range of applications as far as considered.