We, The Department of Mechatronics organised the WEBINAR on “Awareness session on NPTEL(IIT & IISc) courses” to guide the young minds to make the right choice of online MOOC platform.
The main objective of this event was to create the awareness among the students about the online MOOC platforms that are easy to access and efficient for them. In this event, Swayam Platform and NPTEL course details are explained and how to use them for maximum benefits has been discussed.
LIST OF HAPPENINGS :
- The webinar began with a warm welcoming speech and the introduction of Mr.R.Raffik who is the single point of contact (SPOC) of KCT-NPTEL local chapter, 2 times All India Rank Holder &Gold Medalist in NPTEL courses.
- The webinar was commenced by the speaker Mr.R.Raffik by 5PM and started off with really good insights on SWAYAM organization and their works and later enhanced on the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL).
- Later, the differences between various MOOC platforms and NPTEL were distinguished. A statistics chart was elaborated on the impact and structure of NPTEL. He also provided information about the various languages in which the lectures were available. A clear-cut idea was given on the domain certification process and detailed overview on the various domains and certificate examples were shown. There was a debrief on the soft skill training and online interactive sessions. Later, there was a discussion on NPTEL benefits for faculty members and the AICTE approved FDP certification process. There was a step by step detail on how to join the course, follow the course and register for exam and mentoring of students .
- Later, there was a live show on how to work with NPTEL and work on various courses.
- Finally, there was a query session where all the doubts and questions were answered by the resource person.
SOME QUERIES :
Q. Whom to approach for credit transfer ?
A. There will be an academic council meeting where we can take 3 credits for which we have to produce our certificate and course syllabus and curriculum to respective faculty members or dept HOD to recommend for grade transfer. A new technical course which is not provided in the curriculum has to be chosen for credit transfer.
Q. How to know if you have picked the right domain for the right course ?
A. The studends can take 4 week or 8 week course in the same discipline in which the student is studying & it will help to enrich the knowledge and also that it won’t disturb their regular academics . They can go into nptel local chapter where they can get the specific courses for specific domain for UG level .
Q.I have enrolled in a particular course in the previous year can I apply again this year for the same course ?
A. Yes, the participants can apply for the same course as many times as they wish. For getting certificate for better grade they can do it.
Q. We are changing from google platform to outlook platform , so if we register using google account will it affect future ?
A. No ,through the local chapters we can inform to the IIT and rectify the platform migration issues .
The event was conducted through MS teams from 5PM to 6:30PM on Saturday, 9th January, 2021 .
Event coordinators : Hareesh Chandran , Raghul Senthil
Blog content : Raghul Senthil