TECH TALK SERIES 4 – ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION CLUB
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the internet. You can use LinkedIn to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career.
A complete LinkedIn profile can help you connect with
opportunities by highlighting your unique professional story through experience, skills, and education. You can also use LinkedIn to organize offline events, join groups, draft, articles, post photos and
videos, and so on.
The enlightening session was organized by Robotics and Automation Club on 20th September 2020 from 10 am to 11 am. The session was started up with the welcome address by Mr. Rakesh D. The session handler Mr. Sethupathi R, Department of Mechanical Engineering, an Innovative Engineer who has a heightened interest and aspires to work in
industrial design, design thinking and bio-mimicry innovations.
Then the session was continued by Mr. Sethupathi and he explained about the LinkedIn in a clear way.
HOW TO BUILD A GREAT STUDENT PROFILE
1) Write an informative profile headline
Profile headline should be specific to say who you are as a professional slogan. It will be appearing in searches and getting you easily connected if anyone is looking for your domain profession.
2) Pick an appropriate photo Upload a good, clear and professional profile picture. Because profile picture and profile headline are the first impressions of a LinkedIn profile.
3) Show off your education Mention all your educational qualifications including short term courses and where you studied. And you can put your grades and activities as well.
4) Develop a professional Summary Describe yourself and your goals as a summary in About section.
5) Fill “Skills & Expertise” with keywords Put relevant keywords/phrases for all your skills and organize/classify them under the skill domains.
6) Update your status regularly Do regularly highlight your every activity, accomplishments and gaining new positions. Let others know about your productivity with your feeds.
7) Show your connectedness You can follow some organizations and groups that you are passionate to do following them for your profession and personal interests as well. This is also visible to others in your profile.
8) Collect diverse recommendations Recommendations for a profile and position can build trust for the recruiters to hire you. Because it acts as validation for your capability by others.
9) Claim your unique LinkedIn URL Make your LinkedIn URL to be public and unique. Edit and remove the unnecessary characters in your default LinkedIn URL.
10) Share your work You can share and highlight all your works and accomplishments such as designs, projects, papers, patents, etc.,
Using LinkedIn, it can help you with your job search and networking the people.
Networking is the most effective way to get a job in any and all industries. Make that initial connection to professionals in your industry, but LinkedIn gives you numerous and diverse opportunities to “talk” to them.
Networking can get you the inside advantage of the “hidden” job market. People hire people they know, trust, and like. That can only happen with direct interaction. But it can start with indirect interaction – that’s the beauty and magic of networking.
The points which were highlighted by the session handler is to
1) Update your status – once a week
a) Ongoing project
b) Technical or professional skill. Add to “following” list – group/company/thought leader
C) Daily likes/comments – this will “update” your feed
2) Endorsements and recommendations – ask for and give often
a) Ask via LinkedIn or personal email/phone call
b) Give details about why you are asking and subject focus
C) Write content – ensure it enhances your professional credibility!
3) Find using regular and advanced search
4) Gives you skill match, tells you who is applied, how you rank
5) Contact information for job poster
6) Number of your connections work there
By following these you can maintain your profile perfectly and can hire from LinkedIn. So, by this the session came to end were participants clarified their doubts. Around 35 participants got benefited from this tech talk session – Get hired from LinkedIn. At last the session was
concluded by Mr. Rakesh by the wordings,
“SUCCESS ISN’T OVERNIGHT. IT’S WHEN EVERYDAY YOU GET A LITTLE BETTER THAN A DAY BEFORE.IT ALL ADDS UP.”
FORM OF GRATITUDE FROM TEAM RAC:
RECORDED VIDEO LINK: