Space talks – 9 was conducted by SEDSKCT to upskill the knowledge on Black hole discovery by LIGO.
- Initiation Phase:
The PRO team of SEDS contacted the speaker. The speaker Dr. Jayant Murthy is a Senior Professor at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
- Marketing Phase:
Digital Posters were created and shared through Social Media platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and Facebook. It was also shared with other Chapters of SEDS India and abroad.
Date: 14 March 2021
Time: 11 am – 12.15 pm
Platform: MS teams
Topic: Black hole discovery by LIGO
No. of Registrations: 201
No. of attendees: 95
The event started with a Welcome address by Ms. Ayushi Gautam, a member of the PRO team of SEDSKCT. The session was then handed over to the speaker Dr. Jayant Murthy then he shared his knowledge on BLACKHOLE.
- The speaker started with Classical Relativity. He explained this topic by giving some real-time examples.
- Then he spoke about the Speed of light and he also explained that how people measured the speed of light earlier. Later he explained about Michelson-Morley Experiment.
- After, he explained the general relativity and procession of mercury with a lot of real-time examples.
- He also spoke about the bending of the light, gravitational wave, which was the most interesting part, in a short, and crisp manner.
- In the final part, he spoke about LIGO and its future.
The last part of the session was Q/A where the audience clarified out their queries and doubts on blackhole.
A feedback form was then circulated in the chat-box and Certificates were provided to those who filled the form. The session finally ended by thanking the Speaker and audience who made this event a successful one.
Thanks and Regards.
Follow us on: