We the Department of Mechatronics organized an Online event, “PANEL DISCUSSION” on PLACEMENTS AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT with three alumni of the Department of Mechatronics as chief guests.
The main objective of the event is to give guidance to the students regarding the placements and the skills that are to be developed in-order to get placed in well reputed companies.
List of happenings in the event
- The discussion began with the introduction of the three alumni, who are working in different sectors.
- Questions related to placement were posted by the panelists in chat and also some of the questions that are collected from other departments via google form were also asked to them.
- The questions related to freelance, entrepreneurship, etc. were also discussed as a part of the session.
- The important skills that are to be focused on to get placements were discussed. Some of them are aptitude, communicational skills, program skills, etc.
Some of the questions that were discussed are listed below:
- Which are the areas, that a student should be strong at to get into robotics-related companies?
Robotics is a vast area. One should be strong at programming, electronics. Basic designing and mechanical knowledge are required. One should keep track of the market trends.
2. What are the qualities expected in freshers by the recruiters?
- Basic knowledge in respective domain.
- Communication skills
- Sound technical skills
- Should be strong at programming language
- CGPA matters for reputed companies
- One should clear the aptitude test
3. What are the advantages and shortcomings of jobs in core companies?
- High competition to get placed.
- Low initial pay
- Tough field work
- Job security
- Increment in salary with experience
- Job satisfaction
4. What are the advantages and shortcomings of jobs in IT companies?
- Easy to get placed
- High pay
- No job security
- Update with latest technology to escape from layoff
5. What is the role of aptitude in recruitment?
- Placement is easy after clearing aptitude
- Easy to clear service-based companies
- R.S Agarwal book is recommended for aptitude.
The event gave an insight into the placement training procedures, skills that are required, and areas of focus. The session was very informative and useful for the students and it cleared all the doubts regarding placements. It indeed boosted the confidence and vanished the fear of placements in them. It even gave a clear idea of the IT and CORE sectors. The event was conducted through Google meet from 10.00 am – 11.00 am on 04/10/2020. From this event, many students got to know about the deeds and flaws of both the IT and CORE sectors. the chief guests of the event are
MR. MANIKANDAN, Embedded Software Developer at INFOSYS,
MR. HARI PRASAD, Team Leader Maintenance at SCHINDLER INDIA PVT. LTD and
MR. RAAJ KUMAR, Application Engineer at B&R INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION PVT. LTD.
Content Creation: MAYUKHA.S, SAMVASAN.P