All set for a collective aspirational goal!
As the race for electric vehicles unfolds on a global landscape, a new forum named SOCIETY FOR SMART E-MOBILITY – SSEM has been constituted by accordant industries and institutions at Coimbatore to promote the development of product and technology development in Electric Vehicle sector.
Shri. K. Ramasamy, Chairman, Roots Group of Companies, Shri. Shankar Vanavarayar, President, Kumaraguru Institutions, Mr. J. Anand, Managing Director, Jayem Automotives Pvt. Ltd, Mrs. Hemalatha Annamalai, CEO, Ampere Vehicles Private Limited and Mr. Gaur Dattatreya, Sr. Vice President – Mobility Solutions, Robert Bosch are the driving force of the society as founding Patrons.
SSEM was conceived & formed by Mr. Manikandan, Head of Engineering E- Mobility, Robert Bosch, Mr. Mohan, Managing Director, Sunsil Engineers, Mr. Vasantharaj, Director, KCIRI – KCT and Dr. Chandrasekar, Corporate Director, Roots Group of Companies. This four-member team leads the founding Executive Committee of the forum supported by Mr. Puli Saravanan, CEO, Digipasar, Pte Ltd, Singapore, Mr. Sasikumar, Head-Testing, Jayem Automotive and Mr. Barathan, MD, Ozotec Automobiles.
SSEM was launched on Saturday, 31st August 2019 at the Residency Towers by Tamil Nadu Transport Secretary, Dr. J. Radhakrishnan, IAS and Additional Commissioner for Industries and Commerce, Mr. T.P. Rajesh, IAS in the presence of leading industry and academia persons from various parts of the country.
KCT, as a leading educational partner of SSEM, is establishing an Innovation and Experience Center for E Mobility through KC.IRI with the active support of Roots, Jayem, Ampere, Robert Bosch and other industries with the following scope
• Innovation & Product Development in the field of E mobility, Autonomous Vehicles, Smart Mobility Solutions for Defense & Industry applications
• Design, Development & Testing support to Industries & Research Institutions in the areas of Motors, Battery, Controllers & Electric Vehicles
• EV Experience Centre for Skill Development Training related to E Mobility for students & Industry personnel
This new society encompasses Industries, Engineering Institutions, Technocrats and Students as its members. The objectives of SSEM are:
• To establish a platform to connect all Stakeholders in the Smart E-Mobility domain.
• To facilitate setting up of manufacturing hubs, specific to electric vehicles and components.
• To collaborate with Research Institutions and be a catalyst for sharing knowledge and development of skills.
• To be the messenger of industry needs and suggestions to the Government and the Regulatory Agencies.
• To organize B2B meetings between local and overseas manufacturers in this field.
• To set up a common Test and Validation Centre to meet the needs of the Small and Medium Sector Companies engaged in Electric Mobility platform, who otherwise cannot afford to have their own.